Friday 29 May 2020

Cameroon - Shrimpland

Well I thought it was going to be a light read, but it wasn't. My mind hurts as to how a country can adopt English in one place and French in another since 1919 and in 50 years start fighting each other over it. I know I am not there, but I do so absolutely love hearing people speak French because it sounds so nice, and I am so hopeless at it. The CO2 burping lake is there. It is the sort of country geography you would make up if you had to do it for a school assignment. Breath takingly corrupt with quite a number of refugees coming in, but also quite a number also fleeing. And yes Cameroon comes from the Portugese for shrimp. I bet the little guy that was caught way back in 1492 had no idea that he would be remembered by a whole country.

MP4 recording     MP3 recording

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts