Tuesday 19 February 2019

Notes for Simon Fleming

I sent Simon (my boss in the mid 90's) the basic equations for angular sensitivity of an Einstein de Haas pendulum. It has an insanely small rock as the spin of the electrons are flipped in the changing magnetic field. To be truer to S2 symmetry of the electron it would be more accurate to say pulled through itself. Now looking at all the stiffness and Resonance Q coefficients Simon suggested PMA or perspex that they can draw in any shape. As I have boosts in sensitivity from various sources high Q and open to every mode of excitation is not so attractive. So in this I walk through using a thin walled cylinder. This is in the right direction as I track down loses. Since podcasting this I have fiddled a few equations and am testing the next ideas now. So it is out of date to send to Simon at USYD but it is a record of a bloke having ago.

MP4 recording     MP3 recording

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts