Friday 22 February 2019

Pendulum tuned to torsion

Part of the deal is mixing rehab exercise with Podcast. So you will hear me walk to Glenbrook gorge at 8 pm. I look at the next railway works, go down the gorge and then get wet on the way back.

Fairly standard chipping away at problems. The original Einstein de Haas quantum antenna experiment was the size of a large microwave with the torsion pendulum suspended like a mystic pendant. Now I have got the to higher frequency thanks to computer control and smaller by converting it to a conventional pendulum. In the hours since the podcast I now have to get my hands on sapphire jewel bearings as it is really high Q for about an hour then wears down. To my misery I find that you can only order these things by the thousands, and watch making is dead in this country.

Hang in there kiddo, the scientists are coming painfully solving one problem at a time.

MP4 recording     MP3 recording

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts