Saturday 11 May 2019

The Great Scientists_7

Read over two days we have Marie Curie. Having read a bit on her background before I think people skip over the parts which make you wonder and see some ideas as new age a flaky. I just think, honestly, people are a victim of their own sanitized safe version of history and wind up not seeing just how flakey people where then.

Rutherford was a Kiwi and that about says it all. I see him slicing through to the science unencumbered by all the social mind games beset by old Europe. There is nothing like reading his original papers, they are well written and in English. The emphasis he had was not on what we need for telling the story. I think people think things should be told in an hour documentary, nice and clear and if more is needed they will accept at telimovie no more.

Einstein what a dude. I just think authors writing him up haven't read Kant or Nicholas of Cusa and declare him out of context. I think Quantum Mechanics in form is much closer to general rel because both are field theories. I am a little angry at the particle people still getting people confused. I am a little sad by his intellectual isolation when he died. Oh well.

MP4 recording     MP3 recording

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts