Sunday 12 May 2019

The Great Scientists_9

This is where I find out the real dirt, Oppenhiemer wanted to run off with Pauling's wife. It was agonizing reading into electro-negativity 3.98 to 0.00. Really, this author has no idea of Quantum Mechanics.

The DNA crew is really an example of scientists behaving badly. I honestly think it is not so much about people mistreating women, and they did, but it is about the majority in any culture having it in for the minority. Let's get it into perspective that Crick believed that intelligent life sent DNA to earth on space probes. You have to love it. But if you are the only teacher pointing this out against six other classes ... well you can imagine the result and it is not "Oh I will bother to check that out"

Poor Stephen Hawking has this zombie article about him. When written he was still living.
I do like the bit that the big bang is a black hole in reverse. I don't think the book gets us across the line on Hawking radiation nor does it really get to the information paradox that quantum mechanics brings to the picture. What I really find jaw dropping is that our universe is maths these bits of equation get out to build galaxies about them. Space is just brimming with maths and matter is full of wave functions (that is physical models of solutions to mathematical equations). My understanding is beginning to dimly flicker on on this.

Unfortunately, I don't get to complete Stevo as I have to trek the family up the mountains to retrace the footsteps of Charles Darwin known in the vernacular as "Chuckie Dee". Apparently it is now emerging that he was not the nicest person. Oh Well, I kind of like Parmenides, and Epicurus, love Bruno to death, Francis Bacon was definitely out there, and there is no one more lovable than Faraday. Sorry about not finishing the series, only a page to go.

MP4 recording     MP3 recording

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts