Monday 10 December 2018

New Scientist 1 Dec_3

There is a set piece article on making Christmas greener, which I felt dealt with issues in a very predictable way. I did discover Popcorn garlands for the Christmas Tree which I think is great . . . but I am sure I will find out why that is a dumb idea.

The comment on restricting AI from the US seems to thrash about a bit without a clear direction to go in. The interesting point for me is the amount of competitive wealth tied up in AI and how this is the real strategic technology moving in to 2020 and beyond.

The image of the Albatross chicks was one of the truly stunning photos I have seen. The nest stools are so odd, but the birds seems so mater-of-fact about it all. I will check out the Chatham islands of New Zealand.

The article on taking supplements does raise the ugly underlying question of spending by the uninformed individual, although making a tidy living to those who would benefit from this, represents and enormous aggregate social loss.

MP4 recording     MP3 recording

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts