Wednesday 5 December 2018

New Scientist 24 Nov_3

The issue of disposable nappies being hard to actually dispose of as a civilization is discussed. I think it speaks to a larger issue of the overall inefficiency of non communal living. There are many issues I would like explained to me about the science of landfill, but that is just me.

The human cell atlas article had lots of information but I felt missed out on some nice themes under the surface. It seems less pompous that the Human genome project but I would still like to know the more about the approach of the two women who appear to have got it going.

I think there is real scandal underlying the demise of nuclear energy in Germany. The issue I see is that coal and fossil fuel have a much simpler business model and scale to make a quick buck. I could imagine powerful business interests melting into the Green lobby. It is one of those things we will only find out when the world is about to totally fry.

MP4 recording     MP3 recording

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts